Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I read - January 2, 2009

Images of the day - Sets the 2009 ambiance


















Two out of every three US companies paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005; Among foreign corporations 68% did not pay taxes during the period
Why in the world should American Corporations pay tax when they don't have to?

United States has a quarter of the world’s prisoners; Less than 100 murders in New York City in 2007 where victims were strangers to their assailants
At least it provides employment for the private sector incarceration corporations. That can't be bad, can it?

Irish Economy: US will remain very important to Ireland's economic progress but a new approach is badly needed
Now Ireland learns: when you risk your future with FDI from crooks and criminals, you go down when they go down.

Irish Economy: ESRI presents grim outlook; Job losses of up to 117,000 in 2009 - more than 4 times worst year of 1980's
No shite Sherlock.

Sound Waves For Brain Waves
Don't worry. Surely this technology will only be used against 'terrorists'.

















The US Army Document That Proves the US is the World's Number One Sponsor of World Terrorism
I have followed the 'irregular warfare' strategy here on my blog.

The Technocracy and the Genetic Engineering of Humanity
Sounds like a fun story? It's probably the most lethal one I have read. Chock full of good references. See my blogs on Robots for more.

LBJ's 'Treason' Tapes
Video. Lies for forty years. I wonder what lies will be discovered forty years from now.

John Bolton: Gaza Crisis Means We Should Attack Iran Now
What I don't understand is why the USA didn't attack Iran after the 'shoeing'.

Former Army Employee Pleads Guilty to Acting as Israeli Agent
What a surprise! Israelis spys in the USA? Oh but this was 1985: I am sure they have stopped by now.

Chinese state media hails ties with Washington
Oh good. China and the USA are working together now."The two sides should promote their bilateral ties onto a new level, further strengthen high-level exchanges, step up cooperation in various fields, and enhance coordination in macro-economic and financial policies."











A torch-wielding crowd forces Icelandic TV program featuring PM off air
A sign of the times and probably just getting started.

No comments:

Welcome

All blogs are really just small snapshots of a person's mind, heart and soul as they evolve together through life....

Small bits of the thread of life we weave together into the fabric of ourselves, in the hope we will make sense of our existence, individual and collective.

On this page, is the cloak I have fashioned from my fabric to warm myself in a universe which often makes little sense.

Inside my cloak, it is warm enough to face the blistering cold winds of the insane world in which I find myself.

If you find some a bit of 'the good stuff' here, it has been my pleasure.