Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shoes and eggs thrown at Blair

Saturday, 4 September 2010
Belfast Telegraph


[Yeahhhh! My personal choice would have been a wellie. Good job lads.]


Tony Blair appears on The Late Show at RTE TV studios in Dublin

Shoes and eggs have been pelted at Tony Blair as he attended his first book signing in the Irish Republic.

The missiles, which were thrown by anti-war protesters, did not hit the former prime minister as he arrived at a bookshop in Dublin.

Activists clashed with Gardai as they tried to push down a security barrier outside the Eason store on O'Connell Street.


Read more

Arrests made at Blair booksigning in Dublin
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 4, 2010
BBC


Blair pelted with eggs in Dublin
Al Jazeera Video

2 comments:

Sheilanagig said...

The fellow being interviewed in this video isn't even Irish. Sounds like an American.

chuckyman said...

I see what you mean Sheila. He’s a creepy looking man – especially the eyes.

Great stuff to see from the folks back home. It even helped to get some dates cancelled in London.

Welcome

All blogs are really just small snapshots of a person's mind, heart and soul as they evolve together through life....

Small bits of the thread of life we weave together into the fabric of ourselves, in the hope we will make sense of our existence, individual and collective.

On this page, is the cloak I have fashioned from my fabric to warm myself in a universe which often makes little sense.

Inside my cloak, it is warm enough to face the blistering cold winds of the insane world in which I find myself.

If you find some a bit of 'the good stuff' here, it has been my pleasure.