Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Irish Stove


This is my cousin's stove. These stoves are the center of the Irish house even now. A seat next to the stove is an honoured place to give guests coming in.



This is the source of heat and my stove for cooking in the winter. I burn mostly turf and coal, though both are becoming very dear. This stove was installed in many council houses throughout the decades and is still widely used in the west. Most homes have other heating now also but I refuse to buy the oil, so use this and a propane heater as well as an electric one for the back bedroom.

No comments:

Welcome

All blogs are really just small snapshots of a person's mind, heart and soul as they evolve together through life....

Small bits of the thread of life we weave together into the fabric of ourselves, in the hope we will make sense of our existence, individual and collective.

On this page, is the cloak I have fashioned from my fabric to warm myself in a universe which often makes little sense.

Inside my cloak, it is warm enough to face the blistering cold winds of the insane world in which I find myself.

If you find some a bit of 'the good stuff' here, it has been my pleasure.