Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Peruvians battle oil companies to protect Amazon

Update 19-6-09 Peru’s Natives Hail Decision to Overturn Logging Rules

Update 19-6-09 Massacre in the Amazon: The U.S.-Peru Free Trade Agreement Sparks a Battle Over Land and Resources


Peru: Massive protests against García government
over Amazon massacre


A wave of mass demonstrations and marches swept across the whole of Peru Thursday in popular repudiation of the government’s massacre of Amazon Indians last week.
Read more.



Below is an update on my blog "Happy the nation whose people has not forgotten how to rebel". These are natives fighting for their land and resources that are being taken in breach of international treaties. Mmmmm...if only I was so brave.

No comments:

Welcome

All blogs are really just small snapshots of a person's mind, heart and soul as they evolve together through life....

Small bits of the thread of life we weave together into the fabric of ourselves, in the hope we will make sense of our existence, individual and collective.

On this page, is the cloak I have fashioned from my fabric to warm myself in a universe which often makes little sense.

Inside my cloak, it is warm enough to face the blistering cold winds of the insane world in which I find myself.

If you find some a bit of 'the good stuff' here, it has been my pleasure.