Saturday, January 10, 2009

Things I read Jan 10, 2009 - More police state

'Things I read' has a purpose: for those who have few hours, many responsibilities and still wish to be aware of the hard hunted stories which just do not seem to fit into the busy budget of time in family, work and entertainment modes.
They are the, 'I didn't hear about that', stories, in many cases. Whatever your reason for reading them, whether to keep up on the obscure, or to follow current info on themes you are interested in, I hope you will have a pleasant and/or enlightening read.

Today's theme is on the impinging police state, the little by little measures being implemented for us all globally which extinguish our civil rights. Bits and pieces are added to the collection. Soon, I will corrolate all these 'bits' into a major blog: I am so dreading it. We are like frogs being boiled slowly. Let us jump before it is too late.


NYPD wants tech to disrupt
wireless communications


RAW STORY

January 8, 2009
Source
In a Thursday testimony before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly revealed that his department is seeking technology that can disrupt cell phone and other wireless communications in the event of a crisis. Click source above to continue reading.

Face
scanners to be installed in schools




Source
Schools could be fitted with futuristic face scanners which screen pupils' faces with an invisible infra-red light as they attempt to enter the building to keep out strangers. Continue reading here.



No comments:

Welcome

All blogs are really just small snapshots of a person's mind, heart and soul as they evolve together through life....

Small bits of the thread of life we weave together into the fabric of ourselves, in the hope we will make sense of our existence, individual and collective.

On this page, is the cloak I have fashioned from my fabric to warm myself in a universe which often makes little sense.

Inside my cloak, it is warm enough to face the blistering cold winds of the insane world in which I find myself.

If you find some a bit of 'the good stuff' here, it has been my pleasure.